The wine tasting experience at Palatine Hills isn’t like some of the other estates in the region – we get right down to the essentials: the wine.
Our Tasting Landscape
If you’re like us, you enjoy an unpretentious atmosphere to compliment a glass of red. Or maybe, some friendly service paired with a bottle of white.
Whichever way you like to survey the land, you can rest assured that our cellars are just as filled with history and amazing flavours as other regional jaunts.
What makes us especially unique is our terroir, or the combination of climate, soil composition and topography of the land at our winery. To experience that, you’ll have to come see for yourself.
Sample The Scenery
- Each visitor is invited to sample up to four of our distinctive wines.
- Each wine sample is one fluid ounce as dictated by Ontario Law.
The Lay of the Land
- Each member of the Palatine Hills team is well versed in wine tasting, producing and grape growing knowledge – And they’re ready to share!
- While visiting the winery, you might see wine in production, grape vines being tended to, or maybe even preparations for an icewine harvest.
- Throughout the years we’ve discovered historical accounts, legendary stories and battlefield artifacts from the War of 1812.
- The land on which the Palatine Hills winery rests has been growing grapes since the family who lived there planted varietals from Europe during the early 1800’s.
- Peering into Palatine’s past is free with a vineyard visit!
May - October 10am-6pm Daily
November - April 11am-5pm Daily
(Closed - New Years Day,Good Friday,Easter Sunday,Christmas Day, Boxing Day)
Cost: $4, $6 & $7 tasting flights (of three samples)
Book a Tasting or Tour Visit Our Winery View Our Wines